Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.

Article about: Hi Chaps, I thought I'd post my recently completed full set of Austro Hungarian Wound Medals with all the different ribbons. From no stripe, for the sick/invalids, to 5 stripes for 5+ combat

Default Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd post my recently completed full set of Austro Hungarian Wound Medals with all the different ribbons. From no stripe, for the sick/invalids, to 5 stripes for 5+ combat wounds. The medal is made in the poor quality "Kriegsmetall"; but many are dated 1918 & maker marked. Some of the makers were : -
    "GW 18"
    "W & A 1918" ( Winter & Adler 1918 )
    "HMA 1918" (Heeresmaterialamt)

Here's a link for further info: -

Austro-Hungarian Army - Wound Medal

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.   Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.  

Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.   Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.  

Default Re: Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.

Hi Richard, thanks for showing these. The closest I have to one of these is just a ribbon on a bar.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Austro Hungarian Wound Medals (VERWUNDETENMEDAILLE) Complete Set.

Thanks Ade, it took me a while to get them together; but they are cheap & cheerful, cheers, Richard.