Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Baden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaning

Article about: Hello, Here's a decent Baden enlisted Dragoon helmet that I picked up a couple of years ago, but never posted here. All of the Neusilber fittings have been painted in old gold paint a very l

Default Baden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaning

Hello,

Here's a decent Baden enlisted Dragoon helmet that I picked up a couple of years ago, but never posted here.

All of the Neusilber fittings have been painted in old gold paint a very long time ago. Maybe some kid did this, who knows?

The paint brush culprit also painted the correct mounted troops brass chinscales with this old gunky gold paint. What a mess!

I can scrape some of the thick paint off with my fingernail.

Brian Loree gave me some tips for trying to clean it. It will take some time and patience, but I think it will eventually come out looking quite nice.

I added the Baden & National colors kokardes, as there were none on it when I acquired the helmet.

It looks like there never was any sort of a support plate inside of the helmet for the spike base.

I cannot find any issue markings, and there is no visible maker marking either. I even looked on the underside of the liner, and found nothing.

Best Regards,

Alan

Baden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaningBaden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaningBaden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaningBaden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaningBaden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaningBaden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaning

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baden Dragoon enlisted pattern Helmet for 19th, 20th, or 21st Reg't that needs some cleaning
    P
    Many

Nice one Alan
    I don't see Baden picks very often. I look forward to seeing your restoration efforts.
    I like silver fittings. Nothing sexier than a Bavarian officer spike in all silver.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Yes, we don't see the model 1895 Baden enlisted helmets very often. There's an abundance of the wartime gray fittings Model 1915 Baden enlisted helmets out there.

I agree with you on the silver fittings. I think they look really cool on a black leather helmet, compared to the much more often seen brass fittings on a helmet.

Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

Alan