Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Bahnpolizei badge?

Article about: Hi guys, I got this in from a picker tonight, not sure exactly what it is but know it translates to Railway Police Officer or similar, and I reckon it's a breast badge maybe? Anyone seen one

Default Bahnpolizei badge?

Hi guys,

I got this in from a picker tonight, not sure exactly what it is but know it translates to Railway Police Officer or similar, and I reckon it's a breast badge maybe?

Anyone seen one like this? Rough value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bahnpolizei badge?   Bahnpolizei badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnpolizei badge?
    P
    Many

Imperial Rail-Police Official...Interesting item!
    cheers, Glenn

I can't find anything on t'internet apart from repros on eBay... Mmm, seems to be a chest eagle, but not sure if that would be on a cross strap?

?

Damned if I know but I like it. Nice piece.

You are more likely to receive a response in the Imperial Germany Austo-Hungary Forum. I will move your thread there.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I can't comment on originality or value, but allow me the observation that the crown is the Bavarian one.

Thanks guys, it feels right, patina is nice, age seems Imperial. As I said, presuming it's a Railway Police Official breast badge, but first I've seen and it seems hard to find anything on t'internet.

?

Bahnpolizei badge?It's an original piece in my estimation. It's worn like a badge on the clothing. A similar design was used during WWI to identify munitions plant workers. In this case the 5.Kompanie des Technische Betriebs-Bataillon - Ingolstadt (cannon foundry and shell factory).

CCMJR

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    It's an original piece in my estimation. It's worn like a badge on the clothing. A similar design was used during WWI to identify munitions plant workers. In this case the 5.Kompanie des Technische Betriebs-Bataillon - Ingolstadt (cannon foundry and shell factory).
    CCMJR
    Thanks for that, appreciated. Any idea of value? It's a trader for buckles...

?

It's non-military, so I'm not sure what the level of appeal would be. Of course, it's of the period and certainly interesting, but I have no idea what a value might be. You'd have to find the right person, so perhaps Ebay would be the best venue in order to have broader exposure.

CCMJR