Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions

Article about: Hello, I do not usually collect stuff from ww1. But always i found interest in this field and, of course, i like the pickelhaubes. My knowledge about pickelhaubes are scarce, and need some h

?

Default Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions

Hello,
    I do not usually collect stuff from ww1. But always i found interest in this field and, of course, i like the pickelhaubes.
    My knowledge about pickelhaubes are scarce, and need some help for identify this metallic bavarian. Is a good one? a "ersatz" model ?

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions   Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions  

Attached Images Attached Images Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions  Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions  Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bavarian pickelhaube, opinions

Is this helmet in leather or metal, I don't like inside the parts fixixing the "pickel" they seems touched and the chinstrap...

?

Hello,

Is in metal.

Regards

What an odd looking helmet...it almost resembles a metal Bowler hat that some one has made into a Pickelhaube...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry but this is a complete and utter fake ! ....Wrong shape, belongs more on Oliver Hardy's head than on a German soldiers ! poor construction, bad copy ! It is purporting to be "Wurttemburg" helmet, not Bavarian. These helmets crop up now and then on both E-Bay and dealer sites....I recently informed a local dealer (Stockport based) about one he had for auction, but he still went ahead and sold it...somebody gave him over £300 for it in reality they are not worth their weight in cow manure !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks Wagriff.
    Many thanks for your opinion oradour, it helps me to know more about pickelhaubes.

Regards

Edmil...have a look here, one of the most informative sites on Pickelhaubes on the net...it has sections on the various types of Pickelhaubes.. Kaiser's Bunker a very good reference site.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Great site! have a lot of information.
    Thanks Steve

Regards

?

OMG! Another fake...

Adler