Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Camo M18

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my recent purchase! It is my first WW1 Helmet and for \\$150 I couldn't pass it up. All opinions welcome

Default Camo M18

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my recent purchase! It is my first WW1 Helmet and for $150 I couldn't pass it up. All opinions welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo M18   Camo M18  

Camo M18   Camo M18  

Camo M18  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M18
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice find at a nice price. I'm sure with a little TLC you could coax out a bit more of the paint.

Thanks for showing!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice shell.You might try cleaning it with what has been called the Artem way.

Check out this thread and look at the results member Artem 1945 has had with his method.Very impressive

post #28

Stalingrad relic M35.

Make sure you show some before and after pic's if you decide to use this process. And please post them, as all would be interested to see what lies beneath that layer of rust.

Semper Fi
    Phil

For $150, it would adorn my shelf as well. Nice pickup!

Best,

Joel

I like it!....

Agreed. Nice lid at a decent price.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks everyone! Im still going back and forth if I want to try and mess with the finish, I enjoy the "barn find look". I had a friend look at it this morning and he pointed out the inconsistency of the black line, he just thought it was due to it being field painted and done in a rush. Camo M18 Camo M18 Camo M18

MAP
    ?

These were all field painted. So we do see variations. Given the condition of the helmet I don't think we are dealing with a fake here. But having it in hand will tell for sure.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice find
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

So what does the inside look like?

Same as the outside or better condition?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast