MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage M16 opinions

Article about: So I've come across this M16 for sale and I'm concerned about the "camouflage" paint job it has. Most WWI camouflaged lids I see have this thick black line around different section

Default Camouflage M16 opinions

So I've come across this M16 for sale and I'm concerned about the "camouflage" paint job it has. Most WWI camouflaged lids I see have this thick black line around different sections, which this one does not. It certainly looks old, but I'm wondering what "the experts" have to say about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camouflage M16 opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camouflage M16 opinions

Welcome to the Imperial sub forum Nik ...a perfectly good, in my opinion, cammo M16, not all soldiers followed the regulations when painting their helmets, most did have the finger wide black line dividing the colours, some did not....also some helmets received the "splodge" type colouring we see here, it was often down to the terrain and its natural colouring that influenced the painters interpretation and not the regulations ! I show my M17 that does not conform.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage M16 opinions  

Default Re: Camouflage M16 opinions

Thanks for the help oradour