Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone clarify the letter K on the GEW 98 Quillback Parade Bayonet? Thx in advance!!!

Article about: This gorgeous old bayonet is devoid of any maker marks, except for a K under the blade right next to the hilt. If anyone can clarify what this means, I 2\\would really like to know. Thx!!!

Default Can anyone clarify the letter K on the GEW 98 Quillback Parade Bayonet? Thx in advance!!!

This gorgeous old bayonet is devoid of any maker marks, except for a K under the blade right next to the hilt. If anyone can clarify what this means, I 2\would really like to know.

Thx!!!

Default Re: Can anyone clarify the letter K on the GEW 98 Quillback Parade Bayonet? Thx in advance!!!

I believe the letter is for the year of manufacture, in this case 'K' = 1934.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Can anyone clarify the letter K on the GEW 98 Quillback Parade Bayonet? Thx in advance!!!

Hi Ned ;-)

I believe they made the last of these in 1915?

?

Don't know if this helps but its a dress bayo so is the frog.

Eric

?

Wow, what a fantastic bajonet! What is the length of it?