Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help identify this badge?!

Article about: Hello all and thanks for taking a look at this to help me out. I am in the process of purchasing this badge. It was taken from a U.S. WWII veteran's estate and appears to be WWII German, per

Exclamation Can anyone help identify this badge?!

Hello all and thanks for taking a look at this to help me out. I am in the process of purchasing this badge. It was taken from a U.S. WWII veteran's estate and appears to be WWII German, perhaps an SA troop badge of some sort? "Sturmbaon" would seem to mean storm something and the "-baon" I'm I don't know. The 106 I guess could be a unit or troop#. There is a screw back that is plain without markings. If anyone can help me identify this it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help identify this badge?!   Can anyone help identify this badge?!  

Default Re: Can anyone help identify this badge?!

Adam

Scroll down on this link:-

Austro-Hungarian Army - Austro-Hungarian Assault Troop's Badges

You will find exactly what you are looking for !

Regards,

David

Default Re: Can anyone help identify this badge?!

Thanks again for this help David...it was very informative. I just received the badge today and it looks good. The dealer told me I could return it if I wasn't satisfied, though. I assume from your prior post you believe this to be authentic? It seems to be a bit of an obscure badge to be copied.

Best,
    Adam