Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)

Article about: I bought this book yesterday, one of 2, can anyone tell me what it is about? What the title is ect? I will also post the other book on another thread. Thank you Dean O Canada

?

Default Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)

I bought this book yesterday, one of 2, can anyone tell me what it is about? What the title is ect?
    I will also post the other book on another thread.

Thank you
    Dean O
    Canada

Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)Can anyone help me out with this pre-war German Book? (1)

Basically a chart shows which parts of the unit train in what areas and on what days.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The title of the book translates as:

"Regulations
    for
    major field exercises
    - Maneuver Ordinance -
    (M.O.)
    "

The heading for the chart says:

"Time schedule
    for the major field exercises of the ...th Army Corps
    "

That chart is not an actual schedule for real exercises, but an example for how such a schedule should look. (Hence, no references to actual locations and units, but entries such as "N. Training Grounds", "Cavalry Division A.", "near B." etc.)

Bestimmungen means "provisions" so I guess this should be interpreted as guidance or guidlines.

Groesseren means "large" therefore major and Trueppenubungen is one of those mavellous German compound words; Trueppen meaning "Troops" therefore perhaps "military" and Uebungen means "training" as in excercises etc. Manoever Ordnung means "excercise" as in manoeuvres and Ordnung means "Order" as in instructions etc.
    So, basically it is about how to run major field training execises.
    I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark

PS I was writing my post as HPL was posting his but we seem to agree mostly here

?

Thank you again Fellows, it is amazing what you can find when you look around, and better when Members here are willing to help!!!

Thank you

Dean O