Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Default Re: Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Claas: I corresponded with her several years back. She was quite old but reasonably alert. The subject of our conversation was what she recalled of her father, but she clearly didn't want to discuss that. All she said was that "We rarely saw him." I had a copy of her parents' marriage certifcate which I sent to her. I asked her about her brother, but she insisted that her only sibling was a sister. One thing is for sure, no one seems to know much about the family. Thanks for this post, it's a good one. Dwight

Hello Claas. I was hoping you would show us one of your Paul König signatures. Fantastic! Thanks for posting.

Luke

There is just an offer on ebay Germany:
    6 Medaillen aus Silber Meilensteine der Postbeförderung

Good luck.

Regards
    Claas

Claas, I too concur with Dwight on your photo post card's vivid quality, especially showing Kapitän König's cap insignia. Even the thread pattern of the hat and the rest of his attire is clearly visible.

Did most of you catch the fact that he is also sporting a paper collar and cuffs? Anyone wish to speculate as to what sort of ornamental thumb tack was inserted over his right coat lapel? We may never know but if that postcard could talk... >wink<

STBaltimore

Quote by STBaltimore View Post
    ...Did most of you catch the fact that he is also sporting a paper collar and cuffs? Anyone wish to speculate as to what sort of ornamental thumb tack was inserted over his right coat lapel?...
    STBaltimore
    STBaltimore: I investigated the postcard with a magnifying glass. It looks as if the negative had a slight damage.

And now a few postcards. They are looking almost all the same. But only almost...
    We start with this one:

And then this card. Note the small picture on the left above

The next postcard I show without comment. Simply compares yourself.

If anyone still knows a postcard that was not shown here, but it looks like, then please post it here.

Regrads
    Claas

Claas,

Great collection of similar but different post cards. If I may clarify my previous post, what I referring to was Kapitän König's paper collar and cuffs and the impressions surrounding the thumb tack holes inserted over the right lapel of his overcoat on the vivid postcard which (on its front) shows what appears to be his hand written signature. What a great image! Thanks.
    Last edited by STBaltimore; 02-19-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Clarification

Claas: That is an interesting colection of similar postcards. It's amusing that the same boat/tug combination, in exactly the same relative position to one another, are labled as being in Baltimore and in New London. I guess it saved money by not having to send a photographer to New London. Thanks for posting them Dwight

Dwight: I think to save money was the reason to print the same picture with different text. But there are also some nice postcard of the arrival of the U-Deutschland in New London.
    I do not know whether I should show them here?
    O.K. I'll do it. But you must wait until the day after tomorrow. Because I have to scan the cards.

Regards

Claas

Claas: Great. I'll sit here and watch the screen until they come up. Dwight

Dwight,

If you'd like I'll relieve you and take over the watch. Why not get a few hours of shut-eye and I'll send an orderly to your cabin when I see Claas running those images up the halyards? Better than picking yourself up off of the deck every twenty minutes, eh?

Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast