Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1202

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Default Maryland Historical Society Exhibit

Hello from the backside of behond,
    I ain't dead yet. I will get some pictures posted soonish. I have to relearn how to do it. I just bought a new computer. Lets give it a try. Here is the U-Deutschland exhibit currently running at the Maryland Historical Society. I have many more photos, but this will get us started. Since the exhibit is in a long, wide hallway I just could not get any good wide angle shots of the exhibit. Sorry

The Baltimore Historical Society let me have access to their archives of original paper work from the U-Deutschland dealing with quarantine and cargo manifests. I spent an afternoon photographing all of it.

Rogge16, what the heck did you do, loot a museum or something? Where are you getting all the booty from?

Sincerely,
    Steve Zuke

Great! More pictures, more pictures, more pictures...

Hello STBaltimore. I bet it is possible but as a collector of U-Deutschland/U-155 artifacts it doesn't bother me at all. Just as long as it came off of that boat in the end.
    The only artifact produced by Robert Smith and Sons I've posted below. This was shown at the beginning of the thread and belongs to Dwight. I haven't seen one of these for sale in a while now. If you guys own one, better be sure to hold onto it.
    Thanks!

Luke

Quote by tompress View Post
    Hi,

I had the Baltimore Iron Cross plaque in my hands last month. It is really big, thick and heavy (weight ca. 285 g). The plaque was sold on a German auction for 220 € (plus ca. 20% auction fees).

greetings
    Tomasz
    Hello Tomasz. Wow, that seems to be expensive but I'm seeing less of these crosses so really maybe not all too high. They really do have some weight to them and I was very impressed the first time I held one. Did you bid on it?
    Take care,

Luke

Hello Steve. Nice to hear from you! Many thanks for posting those photos!
    Hahaha.....no I didn't loot a museum but I was thinking about starting one! Maybe with some help from Claas. Oh, nice to see you back on here too, Claas. I'm searching everyday online and every once in a while I get lucky and find something.
    Take care,

Luke

Another table/candle reflector.

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and ModelCargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

For those who couldn't make it to the U-DEUTSCHLAND Centennial exhibit opening panel discussion...
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?416040...ne-deutschland It may be noteworthy to view the Q&A Frame 42:45 to see how the panelist seems to somewhat skirt the question as to whether Simon Lake's technology was used by Germany in constructing their own Underseeboots.

Hi everybody,
    There is something new in my Collection.
    I found this silver spoon on ebay:

All the best
    Claas

Hello Claas!
    I'm glad you were the one who got this. I was watching it on ebay. First time seeing one of these. Great you were able to put this in your collection!
    Thanks for posting!

Luke

First time I've ever seen such a schpoon! Implements like this one don't 'surface' everyday... THANKS~ Claas