Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Default Re: Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Well, here I am again playing the role of the nay-sayer. The photo of the three naval officers that STBaltimore posted is NOT of the three U-Deutschland officers. Only Paul König, the man in the middle, has that honor. The guy on the left is Nikolaus Graf und Burggraf zu Dohna-Schloden, the skipper of the German raider SMS Möwe, The guy on the right is another raider skipper, but I can't make out his or the ship's name. OK everybody, excitements over; move on. Dwight

See what I get for not having the original document? The text was way too fuzzy for me to read plus I wouldn't have your book on my library shelf (yet) to give me the who's-who on the D's crew. Then again, with those varied hat insigne - it was fun while it lasted, wasn't it?

The navy would say, "All Hands! Secure From Drill" while an engineer like Steve might simply say, "Oh well. Back to the drawing board".

Hey, Dwight. Isn't the guy on the right Leutnant zur See Hans Berg?

Luke

Do you see what I see?

There appears to be traces of gold on the roping of the iron cross paperweight.

Haven't read the article either. Have any of you?

Yes, STB I would say that in this case. But at least we know who its not, that is an answer.

Claas, Thank you for the input on the U-bout plans. It is a hard blow; I was working my way up to asking you if you could check on the prints. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

However, I need to ask the question (place soft, maniacal giggle here), if Eberhard Rossler wrote his magnum opus The U-boat after WW II, where did he get his U-Deutschland prints to put in the book? BAH HAHAHA!!

Steve

P.S I also have some new leads to check out on the U-Bremen. It may take some time to run these leads to ground (life keeps getting in the way thank god for those minons), as soon as I find anything, I will post it.

STB,

Good score on the magazine! If you are selling subscriptions count me in.
    Do you actually have the magazine? If so does it say anything new?

Steve

STBaltimore: I have the same questions Steve asked; do you have the magazine and is there anything startling in it? In fact, how many pages is the article?
    Luke: Yes, that is Hans Berg on the right. You have better eyes than mine.
    Steve: Rather than tracking down the information, why not simply try to get to the bottom of it? That's where the Bremen is. The Best to you all. Dwight

Headlines read: There's A Sea Full of Questions - Got Sonar Imaging?"

To answer the query directed to my sector allow me to say that... I merely 'stumbled' upon the Militaria article while fishing upon the Cyber Sea. It's a talent of mine I'm told.

When I asked: "Haven't read the article either. Have any of you?" I should have asked: "Haven't read or even obtained a copy of the article either. Have any of you?"

?

...you guys ...!

STBaltimore: I just tried to buy the magazine online, but their check-out *****. When you get to the point where you select the shipping method (Versandart) there are no options provided. And you cannot proceed to the payment section unless you select a shipping method. Catch 22. I don't see the gold you mention above, but my eyes are poor. But then, I don't see any gold on the actual, real life cast-iron EK that I have in my display either. Dwight

Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast