Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast

Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Article about: Steve: Thanks for the follow-up on Mont Alto. It looks like Prusse was probably the engineer superintendent of construction on both the Deutschland and the Bremen. His official designation i

Default Re: Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

I'm not certain about the rest of you but a few of the images in this German language magazine centerfold offering appear to be new ones to me

GERMAN U-BOAT DEUTSCHLAND WWI SUBMARINE 1916 PAUL KO (02/24/2011)...

Please let me know if the links will open for you and enjoy if they do.

STBaltimore

The links work! Neat paperweight. That's a new one to me. Thanks for posting these, Walt.

Luke

Quote by STBaltimore View Post
    I'm not certain about the rest of you but a few of the images in this German language magazine centerfold offering appear to be new ones to me

GERMAN U-BOAT DEUTSCHLAND WWI SUBMARINE 1916 PAUL KO (02/24/2011)...

Please let me know if the links will open for you and enjoy if they do.

STBaltimore
    Nice photos in that centerfold. A few that I've never seen before.

Luke

Question Re: Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Thanks Luke,

It would be great if we could see those images a wee bit larger and maybe read the text too, wouldn't it? I don't think the name of the magazine was indicated in the link blurb but perhaps
    one of our fellow posters might well have a copy of that two-page spread. Claas? Dwight? Anyone?

The images are small. Between Dwight, Claas, and Steve I think the chances are good one of them might have this. Hopefully they will be along shortly.

Luke

What about this guys? Just found this on a dealers site. It's part of a U- Deutschland lot along with a book and medallion.

Luke

Luke, In your line....

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Between Dwight, Claas, and Steve I think the chances are good
    Luke
    I had left out Steve and Joern too. But look what you found? Yet a different image design! Would you mind if I added a glass paper weight pun? You hit the bulls-eye with your cyber scouting run. Way to go.

STB

Thumbs up Re: Cargo Submarine U-Deutschland Artifacts and Model

Another plate full of decorative wall-hanger art work... when will it ever end? NEVAH!!!!!!

Hank and Walt: Good posts, especially Hank’s Beer Drivers paper weight. Both the United States Brewers Association and the Beer Drivers Union locals produced commemorative souvenirs of the U-Deutschland’s first visit. Mostly they were Biergarten-size beer trays and calendars, but there were apparently others products too, such as the paper weight. There is probably a huge collector’s market out there that we know little or nothing about. One of my huge regrets is that when I had the opportunity twenty years ago to buy them at bargain prices, I didn’t. As for the center photo spread that Walt posted the three photos on the left are postcards, which collectively, we have. The two photos to the right are Paul König and next to it is a photo of Paul König, Graf von Zeppelin, and Alfred Lohmann. I’m pretty sure that photo was taken on the steps of the Bremen Ratshaus. The photo directly below those two is a postcard which I’m pretty sure that Claas has, showing the crew. The upper right photo and the three below it might not be a part of the U-Deutschland spread. The upper photo is of three NDL captains, one of which might be Paul König but I can’t be sure. I have seen that photo among the Bundesarchiv collection, but for the life of me, I can’t find it again. The bottom two photos are unrecognized, and I doubt they have anything to do with the U-Deutschland, especially the uniformed sailor, since he doesn’t look like any of the crewmen and is obviously a serving enlisted man. I’ll keep looking for those photos. Dwight

Page 45 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast