Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.

Article about: I bought some cockades for my pickelhaube. Is there any particular way to attach them? Do they go over the chinstrap lug (see photo)? It does not look particularly secure, i.e. is sort of da

?

Default Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.

I bought some cockades for my pickelhaube. Is there any particular way to attach them? Do they go over the chinstrap lug (see photo)? It does not look particularly secure, i.e. is sort of dangles.....maybe not the right size? Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.   Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.

Hear you go.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cockade attachment to pickelhaube.....help.  

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Hear you go.
    Thanks Steve. I tried the configuration shown in your photo, i.e. securing the cockade with the chinstrap piece. But it is not flush against the helmet....it spins like a spinning wheel. Is that the way it is supposed to be or is it glued to the sides as well. It seems the hole is not the right size. I assume the cockade to be original.....it was advertised as such.

It seems to me you do have a original cockade, and that is the probleme , it suffort!
    But they do go on the helmet as Steve showed with the lug of the chinstrap , no glue or teflon are needed to keep them in place.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Pablo, see here, there were it appears, different thickness hooks for the M91 chinstrap lugs....this article should explain, Colonel J's - Articles - Chin Straps something most Pickelhaube collectors would not give a second thought about.....
    Prost ! Steve.