Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collection of items, unsure on a few, any advice

Article about: Hi all, Annoyed from this ads?   I am looking at a collection of WW1 items, all belonging to the same soldier. The seller includes documentation for all (as well as some additional lett

Default Collection of items, unsure on a few, any advice

Hi all,

I am looking at a collection of WW1 items, all belonging to the same soldier. The seller includes documentation for all (as well as some additional letters etc), but I am unsure of a few things. I have already poured over the net and found information on a few things, but just wanted to double check with anyone who has a better idea (which would be everyone )

I did a lot of digging for information before posting, as I want to learn and be able to eventually pull the trigger on such purchases without having to ask

The Verwundetenabzeichen seems to be in order, and looks like in nice condition, am I right?

The ID disc - these I have no knowledge on, and there seems to be a myriad of variants for WW1. The 2 bits that seem to be odd to me is the lack of 'cut outs' (to snap the disc) and the fact that Eimbeckhausen is spelled "Einbeckhausen" (though on the documents it's spelled correctly)?

The Kriegerverein badge looks nice - but is the disc at the back correct? On the ones I've seen, it's usually nice and clear with the stampings easy to see.

And finally, just the overall appearance.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Collection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any adviceCollection of items, unsure on a few, any advice

All appear to be good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!