Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

Article about: Thanks David. I have a MG sight that was made in 1912 so it just goes to show how advanced the Germans were in machine guns and optics. I also picked up through a larger deal a pair of beaut

?

Default Re: Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

Thanks David. I have a MG sight that was made in 1912 so it just goes to show how advanced the Germans were in machine guns and optics. I also picked up through a larger deal a pair of beautiful ZF sights that are pre WWI for rifles. I am told they did see some military service at the beginning of WWI, both attached to German and British rifles but I do not know much about them. If there is a rifle optic expert out there I would be keen to know value and rarity - i will post some images.
    Also replied David via MP.
    VMT Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.
    P
    Many

Quote by MG1918 View Post
    Thanks David. I have a MG sight that was made in 1912 so it just goes to show how advanced the Germans were in machine guns and optics. I also picked up through a larger deal a pair of beautiful ZF sights that are pre WWI for rifles. I am told they did see some military service at the beginning of WWI, both attached to German and British rifles but I do not know much about them. If there is a rifle optic expert out there I would be keen to know value and rarity - i will post some images.
    Also replied David via MP.
    VMT Mark
    This also may relate to my SF09 scope being issued with a British mount https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...iscopes-13579/

Gday Mark,
    To true mate.The British learnt at Jutland in 1916 just how good German optic's were at the cost of three Battlecruisers.The RN got off cheaply in the end re tonnage lost and won a strategic victory (the German Navy never came out in force again) but it could have been a lot worse for them.
    Would love to see your rifle scope Mark,It sounds very interesting.
    Cheers cobber.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 02-21-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: grammar

?

There is a superb official maual dated 1914 that lists all stands, tripods, directors and RFs etc. I used to have a copy so I am not much use now but it would certainly help identify your stand and possibly rabbit ears.
    Attached an image of the 2 rare rifle sights - any assistance much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2