Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

Article about: Thanks David. I have a MG sight that was made in 1912 so it just goes to show how advanced the Germans were in machine guns and optics. I also picked up through a larger deal a pair of beaut

Default Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

Gday All,
    A new and interesting addition to my collection.
    A complete Emil Busch A-G Z.F.12 MG08 "Maxim" optical sight.
    I believe complete unit's are quite rare and this Zielfernrohr has it's original case and the two filter len's (yellow and green).
    This sight is in full operating condition and the optic's are clear.
    It appears to be a late build 62546 but I believe it's WW1 era due to the leather eye cup as rubber was used on post war models.The cup is in beautiful condition,still soft and supple.
    The case is of compressed card type construction and is also in excellent condition for it's age.

Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

The inscription on the rear of the case VOB 1927 is a bit of a mystery.
    Thanks for looking.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Complete E.Busch Z.F. 12 MG08 optical sight.

Very nice condition for it's age Dave !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you Paul.
    I am very happy with it mate as I believe complete sets (sight,case and filters) are quite hard to locate.
    I picked this one up in a local auction.I would assume most German WW1 era militaria would have entered this country via Australian servicemen returning home from Europe in 1919-20 this is why the VOB 1927 inscription on the rear of the case is of interest to me.I don't think it relates to a Weimar unit of issue,may have applied in this country post war? Not sure.
    Cheers mate.

Dave..a great piece, I agree, late war version of a Z.F. 12 "Zeilfernrohr", complete with ersatz hardened paper cloth case !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

A beauty it is!

Adler

Thank you gentlemen.
    This piece was discribed as a "German bomb sight" at auction.
    There was no interest in the sight so I picked it up for an extremely low price.
    Not to many militaria collector's down this way which has it's advantages at times.
    Cheers and all the best.
    Dave

?

Lovely peice....well done

I'm gunna have to find out where and when militaria shows are in Sydney....they just seem to be not well advertised...

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Lovely peice....well done

I'm gunna have to find out where and when militaria shows are in Sydney....they just seem to be not well advertised...
    Thank you mate.
    This item was from a general auction,not to many in the know there re militaria which was good for me on this occasion.Can work the other way sometime's
    especialy with EK's and other TR awards when they sell for far more than their value.
    Even if you don't purchase a thing the big militaria show's are cool just to have a look around.I went to one in Sydney a number of years back (before I started collecting for the second time) whilst on holidays just for a look and found it to be an excellent day out.
    Heaps to be looked at,touched and learnt hay.
    Cheers mate.

?

Dave a nice sight - I have sent a private message too :>).
    There are about 8 confirmed WWI patterns of ZF sights and although this is the standard model it is a good one. Has anyone seen or know of an image of the zepplin ZF sight?
    Mark

Gday Mark,
    Yes the Bucsh made sight was the most common type of ZF optic's manufactured.
    It's interesting that the basic shape was different from maker to maker,no conformity in design.
    Cheers cobber.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast