MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?

Article about: Hi Guys, I recently purchased this Crank Handle Bayonet. After seeing some threads on here about fakes etc I'm just really looking for opinions on its originality. Sorry about the pics, will

Default Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased this Crank Handle Bayonet. After seeing some threads on here about fakes etc I'm just really looking for opinions on its originality.

Sorry about the pics, will upload some more tomorrow in daylight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?   Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?  

Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?
    P
    Many

It looks okay to me Vicky. Best wait for Lance though, he would be our resident "expert".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Greetings Vicky,

Is there anything stamped on the spine of the blade? If so, make sure you snap a photo of that marking too. Scabbard appears salty, but very original. Need to see non-glare shots of the ricasso's markings and the spine's marking. If there is no marking on the spine... chances are the bayo (itself) may be a reproduction (the fastest way to tell). With what I can see (so far) there are no "Red Flags," but these have been faked for decades, hence the need for closer scrutiny. And too, unscrupulous types are adding spine stampings (fraktur marks) to help pass off a suitably aged reproduction as seen here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...aker-s-453520/

Regards,

Lance

Thanks for the help guys. Here are a few more pics. Sorry I could not get one of the marking on the spine (although there is one), my camera just wouldn't focus on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?   Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?  

Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?   Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?  

Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?   Crank Handle Bayonet - Original?  

Greetings Vicky,

Assuming the fraktur mark on the spine is legit. I believe it is an original EB1. There are plenty of these spine stamps pictured on various threads for your personal comparison. Do a few searches and you will find them.

Regards,

Lance

Thank you very much. I'll try and make a comparison.

My favorite trench knife ! Congrats .
    Mfg
    Marc