Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet

Article about: I just received this Ersatz "crank handle" bayonet/Kampfmesser and although I've posted it in the Trench Knife thread I thought I'd put it here as well. It's in obviously worn and

Default "Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet

"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet

I just received this Ersatz "crank handle" bayonet/Kampfmesser and although I've posted it in the Trench Knife thread I thought I'd put it here as well. It's in obviously worn and used condition but very sound with no dents and a perfect blade!

"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet"Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Crank Handle' Kampfmesser-Ersatz Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Very nice always liked the look of these .

Authentic.

?

Something I have wanted to add to my collection, But have been chasing AAF items lately.

So is the hand guard 3mm thick?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you for your opinion; I purchased it from what I hoped was a reliable dealer's website, and without realizing what a potential risk I might be taking with one of these! From the many threads I've seen here on these my only question now is about the star/asterisk vs. "dots" in the DEMAG - Duisburg logo; is there any consensus on the reason for this particular difference in these?

The crossguard is just over 3mm - nowhere near 4mm - and looks to conform to all the authentic examples pictured in the threads. I guess I was lucky to find this, which I purchased pretty much on a whim. I was actually surprised when I received it because I was expecting something larger, along the lines of a bayonet!

Well you landed on your feet. There are lots of fakes but this one ticks all the boxes. Would have been made between 1916-18. Difference in marks relate to when made, they began manufacture in 1915. But fakes can be similarly marked, the scabbard is also an authentic match.