Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen

Article about: Hello Gents Given the fact that the Verwundetenabzeichen in all three grades was not established until the 3rd of March 1918 & that private purchase/replacement pieces were available thr

?

Default Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen

Saw this on the bay but not sure if it's worth bidding on. There are a couple of ebayers selling repro cut-outs, but this one's location in France makes me wonder if it's a ground-find, or if it's another repro.
    Would be grateful for any advice. As I *mostly* collect repros, this one might be worth noting for others if it is genuine.
    Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen
    WW1 German Black Wounded Badge with Pin (Cut Out Version) | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen

A good original Verwundetenabzeichen...I collect them too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen  Cut-out Verwundetenabzeichen 

?

Cheers Glen, many thanks. Crossed post, but I mostly go for repros, but the link might be useful for anyone looking to add to their collection. PS that gold one in your photo looks stunning.

?

Is there any significance between the cutout and the solid VWA? I'm interested, but in maybe buying one from the militaria shop I use. Just wonder what's so special about the cutout variety?

The durchbrochene ("broken through") Verwundetenabzeichen appear to be private-purchase pieces and in my opinion are better in quality/detail/workmanship...These are primarily found on dress tunics and among veterans. My Gold version has never been worn as I believe it was intended for a funeral pillow. My Schwarzes is also a mint example; Now I need a beautiful Silber to complete the grouping...for Christmas perhaps?
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-02-2012 at 03:20 AM.

?

Thanks Glenn. I like the "cleaner" look of the cutout variety. I can see an early xmas pressie to myself coming.....

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The durchbrochene ("broken through") Verwundetenabzeichen appear to be private-purchase pieces and in my opinion are better quality in detail/workmanship...
    cheers, Glenn
    I can visualise the 'broken through' ones getting clogged with Flanders or Somme mud more than the solids!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yes, but I think the "black" ones were supposed to be brass, so shouldn't corrode as a result of being clogged, unlike say, EKs which are unrecognisable after 90 years in the dirt.

Quote by NickM View Post
    Yes, but I think the "black" ones were supposed to be brass, so shouldn't corrode as a result of being clogged, unlike say, EKs which are unrecognisable after 90 years in the dirt.
    I actually meant at the time ( i.e. WW1 ) Nick but otherwise, yes I agree!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Well, the cynic in me would say that with the cutouts being private purchases - usually by those with money - those same types are usually to be found about ten miles behind where the action is..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast