Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow

Article about: I'd like to share this scarce Freikorps award of the Detachement von Randow, which fought in the Baltic and was later absorbed into the "Eiserne Division" ("Iron Division"

Default Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow

I'd like to share this scarce Freikorps award of the Detachement von Randow, which fought in the Baltic and was later absorbed into the "Eiserne Division" ("Iron Division"). There were less than 3000 of these awarded, and I think it's a very attractive, very "Germanic" award....I really like having this one in my collection!
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow  Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow  Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow  Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von Randow

A new one to me.
    Indeed very Germanic.
    Good score.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I'd like to share this scarce Freikorps award of the Detachement von Randow, which fought in the Baltic and was later absorbed into the "Eiserne Division" ("Iron Division"). There were less than 3000 of these awarded, and I think it's a very attractive, very "Germanic" award....I really like having this one in my collection!
    cheers, Glenn
    I just joined this forum. I first started collecting Freikorps material in 1969 and can tell you that this is not the award for Detachement von Randow, which was much thinner in the middle, only came in pin-back and was worn on the lower breast, like an EK, not above as shown here.

It is in fact the Avalov Cross, awarded by Colonel Deutschritterkreuz Freikorps Detachement von RandowAvalov-Bermondt who commanded the Russian Westarmee, which included many German Freikorps units in the Baltic. It was not an award, as such, but a unit insignia and always worn above the left breast. Your cross has a typical Russian/Latvian screwback style, not seen on German awards and was likely made in Latvia.

?

That is an excellent looking Cross. The black enamel looks perfect. Very interesting. I have never seen one before and would have walked right by one if I saw it on a table. I love the knowledge I gain from coming to this site!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Welcome to the forum bolewts58, excellent information ! I think little is known here on the Freikorps, please start a thread on this subject, it would be most interesting.....Glenn, nice badge !
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Welcome to the forum bolewts58, excellent information ! I think little is known here on the Freikorps, please start a thread on this subject, it would be most interesting..
    Welcome aboard.
    Steve had a very good idea.
    Your knowledge of the Freikorps will be most welcome here.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Glenn,
    That is a very neat piece. I do not know anything about Freikorps
    items. I would have thought that this was some sort of Johanniter piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Default Can anyone Identify this.

/Users/Jerry/Downloads/4.jpg

Is it a second class version of the FK Random Cross?

No. It's the Maltese Cross of the Russian West Army. It's not exactly an award. It was more like a unit service badge worn by all members.