Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Do it yourself EK1 !

Article about: I guys, I bought this pile of parts from eBay the other day :-) a EK1, mm CD800, complete but with a broken of and tried to repair catch ( the catch is wrong). It seems that the cross came a

I guys, I bought this pile of parts from eBay the other day :-) a EK1, mm CD800, complete but with a broken of and tried to repair catch ( the catch is wrong). It seems that the cross came apart on the attempt to ( soft) solder the catch ! Anyway, since I didn't have a CD800, I figured it was worth a try, to repair this one, and fun too ;-) At a price of 70 euros I felt it was ok. I have made step by step pictures to show the repair process . Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Above the pile of parts to start with :-/ Next, ALL the old soft solder has to be removed from the back plate. If ANY of it is left, it will "eat" the silver, when the new catch is hard soldered in place ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! New catch is drawn and cut from 1,2 mm silver plate . Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Catch is ready for hard soldering, using special paste silver solder . Do it yourself EK1 ! Soldered in place :-) Do it yourself EK1 ! After cleaning the flux residue in sulfuric acid, the inside is cleaned again, and the complete cross lined up for final assembling and soft soldering ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Cross after soft soldering. Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! The cross is washed to remove the soldering water. The edges of the cross is gently smoothened with a fine file. Last the edges are buffed, using a buffing brush and corse compound ! Last but not least, the cross gets it patina back and oiled a bit :-) The final result is below ! I am pretty satisfied myself ;-D Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! Do it yourself EK1 ! PS if you one day encounter an EK mm MC, it is made in Denmark by me !! ( just kidding)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Do it yourself EK1 !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do it yourself EK1 !
    P
    Many

Looks great. Well done!

Very well done, you can rebuild them it seems.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Very good work! Looks great.

?

Its interesting to see the parts that make up a cross, very nice work.

That looks really good. What a talent you have there great work!!!!! Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

An excellent project extremely well carried out. An EK1 saved from the scrap-heap!

Nice job!...

Good job, but I must say I liked it in parts, would have made a neat display.

Excellent workmanship! You did really well. Dwight

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast