Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

document with wilhelm II signature?

Article about: hello collectors i have found this document yesterday,my question is about originality of the document and the signature?i;m also wek in german and if you can to explain my the destination o

Default document with wilhelm II signature?

hello collectors
    i have found this document yesterday,my question is about originality of the document and the signature?i;m also wek in german and if you can to explain my the destination of this paper?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture document with wilhelm II signature?   document with wilhelm II signature?  

document with wilhelm II signature?   document with wilhelm II signature?  

document with wilhelm II signature?   document with wilhelm II signature?  

Personally, I see nothing wrong with it, but this is completely outside my area of expertise.

It says:

"Wir Wilhelm
    von Gottes Gnaden
    Deutscher Kaiser, König von Preußen
    etc. etc. etc.

tun kund und fügen hiermit zu wissen, daß Wir im Namen des Reichs dem Ober-
    bahnhofsvorsteher Hugo Weigand in Weißenburg (Elsaß) die nachgesuchte Entlassung
    aus dem Amte in Gnaden unter Beilegung des Charakters als Rechnungsrat
    zu erteilen geruhet haben.
    Urkundlich haben Wir diesen Abschied Allerhöchstselbst vollzogen und mit dem kaiser-
    lichen Insiegel versehen lassen.

Gegeben Balholm, an Bord MY 'Hohenzollern', am 15. Juli 1913.

[signed]

In Vertretung des Reichskanzlers.

[signed]

Abschied"

...meaning:

"We, Wilhelm
    by the grace of God
    German Emperor, King of Prussia
    etc. etc. etc.

hereweith announce and let it be known that We, in the name of the Empire, have deigned to confer upon the
    Oberbahnhofsvorsteher* Hugo Weigand of Weißenburg (Alsace) the requested discharge from office, in honors and with simultaneous bestowal of the characterized** grade of Rechnungsrat.

We have personally administered this discharge in documental form and have had it endowed with the Imperial seal.

Issued at Balholm, aboard the Motor Yacht 'Hohenzollern'***, on 15th July 1913.

[signed]

On behalf of the Reichs Chancellor.

[signed]

Discharge"

*) Senior Station Master.
    **) "Characterized" promotions were a sort of brevet promotion used for military officers as well as civilian officials. Bestowal of a "characterized" rank/grade meant that the person was entitled to the title and insignia that went with it, but not the higher pay. Such promotions were usually undertaken at the time of or just prior to (sometimes even after) retirement.
    ***) The Hohenzollern was the Emperor's official yacht. It lay at the Sognefjord near Balholm in Norway from July to August 1913.

thank You very uch for the time,translation and explanatiopns.its interesting
    best regards