Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?

Article about: I was hoping someone can identify this bayonet for me. Ive went to various websites and havent found any info. I was told this bayonet is austrian from ww1 or ww2. But im not sure about that

Hazey
    ?

Default Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?

I was hoping someone can identify this bayonet for me. Ive went to various websites and havent found any info. I was told this bayonet is austrian from ww1 or ww2. But im not sure about that. If anyone out thier can identify this bayonet i would be so thankful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?   Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?  

Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?   Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?  

Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?   Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?  

Does anyone here know what kind of bayonet this is and from what war and what country?  

2. # ADS

?

Not a WWI bayonet buff but believe you are correct it is WWI vintage based on stampings. Not sure if Austrian or not. See what other opine with. Look through prior threads here as well. Welcome to the forum.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Welcome to the forum!
    Certainly looks like an Austrian bayonet, but has German markings - I am not an expert on WWI bayonets but isn't the crown, '17' and 'W' mark on the spine indicative of German make or use?
    Hopefully someone more educted on this era will come along and assist!
    Cheers
    Last edited by christek; 01-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.

?

The blade is marked Waffenfabrik Mauser,I think this was a 98/05 Mauser bayonet that was converted to a 1925 model to fit a Chilean mauser rifle.....but I`ve been wrong before....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I collect Austro-Hungarian bayonets for about 20 years and this bayonet is far far away from everything made in Austro-Hungaria. Pete is right, it was 98/05 bayonet, but I am not sure who rework bayonet. It could be Turkey, Chile and many others country

Well spotted gents.
    Here is a similar example -
    1917 Mauser Bayonet

Hazey
    ?

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    I collect Austro-Hungarian bayonets for about 20 years and this bayonet is far far away from everything made in Austro-Hungaria. Pete is right, it was 98/05 bayonet, but I am not sure who rework bayonet. It could be Turkey, Chile and many others country
    Im pretty sure you are correct. After researching the 98/05 bayonet, (i had no idea what its called) i was able to find a perfect site. And it shows the exact same one as i have. Repurposed by the turks. So let me thank you and everyone else for helping me identify this. Heres the website i looked at. GERMAN 98/05 VARIATIONS. Justvscroll down and it shows how turkey repyrposed it. Thank you everyone for the help. I very much appreciate it.

It is nice to hear, that our comment help you

Best regards

Peter

Thankyou Gents for all your detective work and seeking the truth ......I will move thread to the Imperial forum .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill