Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?

Article about: Thanks, I figured it wasn't real, I really just wanted to see how good or bad of a fake it was... Another question: How many Pour Le Merties were award during the medal's lifespan?

Default Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?

If not, could you tell me why you know it's bad? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?   Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?  

Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?  

Default Re: Does this look like an authentic Pour Le Merite/Blue Max?

bad in many aspects,,,wrong ribbon construction,wrong color of enamel,,wrong font for lettering,wrong style of eagles,,too thick,,,hmmm,,,have i missed anything???...maybe even the wrong size too...

100% bad one.The real ones cost 35000$ to 50000$ and are very very rare.I would love to have the real deal.

locloc08, both above comments are correct, too many fakes around, sadly not enough genuine ones.

As militarymania stated "wrong color of enamel", I thought that they are Blue, as they are called Blue Max?

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    As militarymania stated "wrong color of enamel", I thought that they are Blue, as they are called Blue Max?
    shadowwolf, the photos provided are not particularly colourful, and this cross appears almost black....In 1667 the 'Order of Generosity' was created, in June 1740 it was renamed ' Order of the Pour Le Merite ' by Fredrich II, the insignia comprised of a golden maltese cross with SKY BLUE enameling. However in 1832 the blue enamel was darkened. I would advise all to treat the purchase or evaluation of a Pour Le Merite as you would a Knights Cross, 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey'...plenty of research, advice, and of course plenty of money !

oradour, agreed this cross does appear almost black. I am far from being an expert, as I know little about this type of cross, but the said photos show this being along way from sky blue or blue, is that normal?

i would only buy a PLM if it had the "sky blue enamel" as a first qualifier for purchasing such a rare award,,,if the enameling color was correct,,,i would look for other factors in determining its authenticity..

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    oradour, agreed this cross does appear almost black. I am far from being an expert, as I know little about this type of cross, but the said photos show this being along way from sky blue or blue, is that normal?
    shadowwolf, repro/fake 'Pour Le Merites' are manufactured in a wide spectrum of the colour blue, I have seen examples almost black through to the lightest blue. My belief is that most awards were jeweller made, and although the blue enamel varied slightly in shade from jeweller to jeweller they were uniform in their appearence. The rear of the award should be in the same blue enamel as the front, however I have seen fakes were they can't even get this right !

The last original that sold with documentation was at auction for 75000$ crasy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast