MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Donor Medallion for German POW's 1915 - Any Information?

Article about: I've been offered this donor medallion. From the shape, I take it to be for a woman. One side has a design, which could well be the forerunner of WW2 Partizan's Kampf Badge, vertical sword s

?

Default Donor Medallion for German POW's 1915 - Any Information?

I've been offered this donor medallion. From the shape, I take it to be for a woman. One side has a design, which could well be the forerunner of WW2 Partizan's Kampf Badge, vertical sword striking into a nest of snakes with the script - Help for P.O.W.s German 1915. The reverse has a hawk / eagle perched on a globe, I'm not too knowledgeable with German heraldry does any member know from which German state it may signify. The medal appears to be copper with a silver coating. I see this medallion for the first time if members have any information. I'd be pleased to hear from them.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Donor Medallion for German POW's 1915 - Any Information?   Donor Medallion for German POW's 1915 - Any Information?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Donor Medallion for German POW's 1915 - Any Information?
    P
    Many