Become our sponsor and display your banner here

'double' wappen

Article about: Does anybody have any thoughts on this Wappen? I have not encountered this before, and I don't have it on my list of insignia. Imput welcome.

?

Default 'double' wappen

Does anybody have any thoughts on this Wappen? I have not encountered this before, and I don't have it on my list of insignia. Imput welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: 'double' wappen

DPWICK, its not a ''double wappen'' its a state device, in this case Prussian, other major states had their own badge, affixed to either a Pickelhaube badge or cap usually inbetween the Reich and Landes kockarde, this signified the wearer as a ''Beamte'' or a uniformed civilian official given an honoury rank and employed in adminstrative duties whithin the German army.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Default Re: 'double' wappen

Thanks for that. I used the title 'double Wappen' by the way as a sort of catchy heading. I know the various reserve Wappens with crosses, ect, but I hadn't come across that form, with the mini-eagle. It's on a felt pickelhaube, as you can see.

Thanks again!