Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dunkleblau Tunic

Article about: With all the super nice Tunic being shown. I thought I would add one of my own to the list. Although not nearly as nice as the others. This one came with the Mutze that is shown in the WW1 G

Default Dunkleblau Tunic JR23

With all the super nice Tunic being shown. I thought I would add one of my own to the list. Although not nearly as nice as the others. This one came with the Mutze that is shown in the WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze thread (Steve, this also has the VI AK repair depot stamp)

Last edited by AntonEbans; 01-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.

?

Default Re: Dunkleblau Tunic

Great set. I love it when I can get the headgear with the tunic.
    I noticed the soldier was a prisoner. That is an interesting tunic.
    SteveR

Anton, nice "salty" tunic, I like it ! as Sreve says "PG" marked, "Prisoner du Guerre" I believe, just goes to show, how this chap was caught/surrendered wearing his "Dunkelblau", not all units were in field grey,some Ersatz/Reserve/Landwehr (2/3rd line troops) were still in the pre-1907 blue uniform during the war ! as the Dunkelblau was worn upto the end of the war. The tunic is superbly marked, the "J" in the Army Corps marking is the indicator that it has been repaired, it looks like its done the rounds ! Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    The tunic is superbly marked, the "J" in the Army Corps marking is the indicator that it has been repaired, it looks like its done the rounds!
    Steve,

If you look at the photo of the rear of the Tunic, you can see a triangular piece of material on the left shoulder starting at the collar and widening towards the sleeve.

Anton