Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............

Article about: Gents, picked this up.......was not sure if fake or 57'er period (1950's-60's) Imperial veterans replacement, comments please...........rarer medal style with suspension ring, a St u L piece

Default Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............

Gents, picked this up.......was not sure if fake or 57'er period (1950's-60's) Imperial veterans replacement, comments please...........rarer medal style with suspension ring, a St u L piece or rubbish ?
    I have had a number of Turkish War medals, as I used to have a large Imperial award/medal collection, Turkish and German made......however I know St u L made this award in between the wars, during WW2 and as a post war veterans replacement, but I have only seen the more usual pin back version with its distinctive mid production (1960-on) hardware, solid hinge tapered pin and small "c" catch, this being a suspension mount version makes confirmation as a St u L version more difficult ..............it has a correct size identical suspension ring as on other 57er period St u L medals in my collection, it has the snail shaped Tughra, and the strawberry seeds background both indicative of an St u L made award, however I will see what others think, as I have only handled WW1 and inter-war versions.
    comments up to now on another forum are erring towards pre 1945 construction..................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............   Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............  

Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............   Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............  

Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............   Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............  

Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............
    P
    Many

I don't have much experience with these but the quality
    does not look up to what i have seen on others.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Gregg, yes your statement is true when compared to German and Austrian made pieces, but it is some what better than the Turkish made version !.........it appears that the finials are casted /added on to the medal after initial strike then finished before plating !
    Here is an image of a 1957 period pin back award.........not mine unfortunately !
    and an image of a 1939 St u L catalogue.............
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............   Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............  

Attached Images Attached Images Eiserner Halbmond/Turkish War medal...............