Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

EKII 1914 unmarked

Article about: I purchase recently this unmarked 1914 EKII, but I can't identify its maker. Someone has one opinion about it? Thanks

R.R
    ?

Default EKII 1914 unmarked

I purchase recently this unmarked 1914 EKII, but I can't identify its maker. Someone has one opinion about it?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EKII 1914 unmarked   EKII 1914 unmarked  

EKII 1914 unmarked   EKII 1914 unmarked  

Default Re: EKII 1914 unmarked

Hi R.R , looks to me like a nice original Cross, i take it the core is magnetic ? and that it is constructed of 3 pieces, front and rear frame & centre core, look round the edges, you should be able to see the seam. The ribbon is probably a replacement, but i wouldnt worry about that, and i wouldnt worry about the lack of a makers mark, they were found on the ring used to to attach the ribbon, i take it you have looked there, they are in the form of numbers, letters or a symbol (they can be hard to see,use a magnifing glass), unmarked EK's especially those that have non-seamless rings (i.e. those not soldered to form a seamless circle), will probably be early wartime pieces, later in the war most makers typically incoperated their marks on the EK.

Amazingly i have just this minute returned from a visit to a small medal dealer in Manchester, where i have purchased an unmarked (my 1st, i allways liked my EK's marked) Imperial Iron Cross, on a non-combatant ribbon, (may be original/replacement ribbon, no way of telling !) it is a little smaller than my other cross's, at 42mm, and the ribbon suspension ring is mounted on a tab attached to,( not through ) the frame. I shall post photo on Imperial EK thread, when my son returns home with his camara. R.R what size is your EK ?

Nice original EKII

RR,
    It will be hard to put a maker to your cross as this style
    core was used by a few different makers.

BTW-- Nice looking cross.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

R.R
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    Amazingly i have just this minute returned from a visit to a small medal dealer in Manchester, where i have purchased an unmarked (my 1st, i allways liked my EK's marked) Imperial Iron Cross, on a non-combatant ribbon, (may be original/replacement ribbon, no way of telling !) it is a little smaller than my other cross's, at 42mm, and the ribbon suspension ring is mounted on a tab attached to,( not through ) the frame. I shall post photo on Imperial EK thread, when my son returns home with his camara. R.R what size is your EK ?
    Hi Oradour,

Answering your questions:

- Yes the core is magnetic;

- Yes, it's a 3 pieces construction cross;

- I'm sure it's original, but I'll be glad if I can identify it's maker;

- I'm not sure about the ribbon too, but it's not very important to me;

- I had search markings on the ring with a magnifing glass, but there is no markings;

- It has a discret soldering seam the ring;

- It measures 43,5mm high x 44,5mm width.

I think WWI EK's has several size variations.

Regards,

Ricardo

R.R
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    RR,
    It will be hard to put a maker to your cross as this style
    core was used by a few different makers.

BTW-- Nice looking cross.
    Yes, I had see similar core on a "S" and on a "KO" marked cross.

Regards,

Ricardo