Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ersatz bayonet with odd change

Article about: Ok so I picked up this bayonet this weekend. But I can not figure out why the muzzle ring and crosspiece has been moved back? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

?

Default Ersatz bayonet with odd change

Ok so I picked up this bayonet this weekend. But I can not figure out why the muzzle ring and crosspiece has been moved back?
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ersatz bayonet with odd change   Ersatz bayonet with odd change  

Ersatz bayonet with odd change   Ersatz bayonet with odd change  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ersatz bayonet with odd change
    P
    Many

Greetings Popeye,

Your German Ersatz Bayonet has been modified by the Turkish Military to fit various rifles in their use, or more simply put your bayo has been "Turked." You can see similar modified bayos here. TURKEY No, unfortunately it does not increase its value.

Regards,

Lance

Yes sir Turked for sure at one time it has been a nice Ersatz WW1 bayonet I have seen some rare types ruined by them. I had a friend once that bought a fairly nice looking one and a rare kind I might add but upon examination he found out he had been "Turked" as some collectors call it. I suspose they have some collectible right with some people's eyes. timothy

?

I had that feeling that it was a Turk job. Thanks for the website it showed one just like it.
    Oh well didn't have one and I do have a never issued Turk Mauser that I can stick it on.
    Thanks again. That's why I love this site. So much help and so fast.

Your are welcome and we all learn I bought one when I was young and yeah if you have a Turk Mauser that is the perfect rifle to put it on. timothy