Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.

Article about: Hello Nicole, A nice haul you have there! #5, The small star shaped device is a rank pip for a shoulder board. #7 & 8 Is a WW I Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse . #15 & 16 Is a medal bar hav

Default Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.

Hi, I have found myself completely overwhelmed with identifying what medals and pins I have. I have spent the last few days on this and am just not having much luck. I am a small time collector but made a super lucky discovery recently. There's Passports, Work book, ID, journals a small doodle book, His father and mothers passports (I think) and a bunch of medals and pins. I just have so much to do as far as translation and trying to read German handwriting and I am completely overwhelmed. I know there are some really awesome knowledgeable people on this site so I thought I would ask for some help. I hope this does not offend.. Would these all have belonged to the same man? I am unsure if his father was also in service since his passport was among the items I purchased. Here are the medals and pins in no particular order:
    #1Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#2Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #3Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#4Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #5Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#6Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #7Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#8Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #9Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#10Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #11Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#12Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #13Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#14Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #15Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#16Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #17Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#18Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #19Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#20Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #21Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#22Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #23Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#24Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #25Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#26Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #27Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#28Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #29Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.#30Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    #31Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.

Thank for any help you are able to provide,
    Nicole

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Estate found Medals and pins, Please help with identification.
    P
    Many

?

Very nice haul.

?

WOW. You made out with this bunch.
    I know that 17 and 18 are from the German state of Baden during WW1 .The cross is the Baden WW1 War Merit Cross. I have an 1895 Baden Picklehaube and that Griffin just screams at me !!!
    I'm sure the experts will be along shortly to give you the rest!!!

Nice Snag!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Two of the little badges appear to be supporter's or 'Opferung'
    ( donation ) pins. #11-12 is a WWI Austrian Tirol Commem-
    orative Medal. #13-14 is a Hungarian WWI commemorative.
    #23-24 is the civil 'Kriegsverdienst' ( war service ) medal.

You also have two nice WWI ribbon bars. Photo 22 shows
    a bar with the ribbons in correct order. Two rare medals
    which appear on these bars are the 'Order Of The
    Zahringer Lowen' ( green ribbon - orange stripes
    with swords ) and a medal from Schwarzburg -
    Rudolstadt ( yellow ribbon - blue stripes
    with swords ).

Also, a couple of nice WWI Iron Crosses, WWI wound
    badges and the star shaped Hamburg 'Front Kampfer'
    ( fighter ) breast badge.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

#1 is a 1942 Tag der Wehrmacht tinnie, #3 is a Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt (NSV) stick pin and #4 is the pip from a collar tab or should board. The rest appear to be mostly WWI awards and medals, plus a few things that I don't recognize.

#31 is interesting. Could you please show the back of that one?

Hi , as I'm sure you guessed for yourself number 2 is a brooch for celebrating 550th anniversary of the university of Heidleburg. Leon.

13/14-Hungarian War medal-awarded post WW1 for Austro Hungarian veterans and Germans who fought along side them-the triangular ribbon mount is typically Austrian.

Not a valuable lot, but mildly interesting and original. I'd be glad to help with translations of any paper you post here, or identify the Bulgaria (5,6) Bayern, (9) Tirol (11), and Baden (17) stuff for you. (all the states issued medals for WWI particpation and they're relatively common. Hitler gave out over 3 million 1914-18 crosses and they were available for 1 or 2 marks at German flea markets in the 60s) (I even found one at the dump in Mainz, where I used to scrounge for documents, for whatever that's worth.)

der alte oberst- thank you for your offer in helping translate some of my paperwork. I do need help in understanding the handwriting in most cases. Should I post it here, in the documents forum or email you?
    Nicole

great looking bunch of medals!!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast