Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fake Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Article about: Found this for sale but the picture of the reverse shows lack of detail and looks cast to me from the rough edges and pits, haven't seen one this bad before. Is it a fake? the obverse looks

Default Fake Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Found this for sale but the picture of the reverse shows lack of detail and looks cast to me from the rough edges and pits, haven't seen one this bad before.

Is it a fake? the obverse looks to lack some detail as well.

Fake Ehrenkreuz für HinterbliebeneFake Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Sorry these are the only two pictures I have.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake Ehrenkreuz für Hinterbliebene

Stefan, as far as I am aware they do not make fakes of these crosses, two reasons, one they are plentiful and secondly they are cheap...no reason to reproduce ! I have heard that these crosses are made post war (WW2) for veterans.....they ran alongside the 57er range (and before)...the one you show is an original one, and a nice change from the generic crosses that just show a maker number rather than a full name, as on this one......"W.SCH.&Co." is believed to be for the firm of "Wilhelm Schroder & Co". of Ludenscheid.
    Prost ! Steve.

Thats a nice original presented to the next of Kin

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Steve, I thought that was the case for not reproducing them, just wanted to make sure.

Although even 50 of these repro'd at £6-10 would return a profit I'm sure and fall under the radar better been safe than sorry.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

While these are common and cheap they are also being reproduced - see here Worldwide Militaria, LLC: Hindenburg Cross without swords - but with the wrong ribbon. Terry

[QUOTE=tbk0000;740612]While these are common and cheap they are also being reproduced - see here [url=http://www.wwmeinc.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? Terry[/QUOTE]

Terry, are you sure is this fake ? this company sells originals as well as reproductions...it does not state it is fake on the page ? the ribbon is a reproduction....and has been available/reproduced for years... it is priced as for an original cross....all the other Imperial medals/awards are being offered as reproductions but the Hindenburg crosses are not ? if copies, they are good !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve, I thought they may have just been recycling but their intro page Worldwide Militaria, LLC: German Militaria clearly states "WorldWide Militaria offers a outstanding selection of German Militaria. These reproduction medals, badges and insignia are of the highest quality you'll find anywhere. From decorations, medals and badges, to daggers, armbands and even a 'potato masher' grenade, we have what you've been looking for!". That said I agree that there is enough variation in the pictures to indicate that they could just be recycled crosses - Terry