Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.

Article about: Here's another of my purchases off eBay. The right ocular was missing, and the right focuser was seized solid. There was also a massive amount of debris build up present on the right objecti

Default Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.

Here's another of my purchases off eBay. The right ocular was missing, and the right focuser was seized solid. There was also a massive amount of debris build up present on the right objective. Fortunately for me there just happened to be another pair for sale on eBay. I bid at the death, and got them for £30. I think I may have been the only bidder for that set because they were completely devoid of the rough texture finish. I then went back to the first pair and purchased them at the buy it now price of £65. This may have seen extravagant, but a Fernglass case has just sold on there for £67 on its own!

I was attracted to the damaged pair because of the Army number and name wrote on the case. I looked up the number, but it came back with a name of Ernest William Watkins of the ASC. There is a Sam Evanson listed, but his number is totally different. So maybe the Army number is a regimental number. I stripped down the second pair I purchased and repaired the first pair. I can't say as I have saved myself much money by doing this. But maybe Sam Evanson would be pleased to see that his war trophy is back in useable condition!

Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fernglass 08 binoculars and case.
    P
    Many

I bought one on Ebay a few years ago for $40, but sold them off...Today I discovered that the antique-shop in my neighborhood has a set of these, but no case...binoculars & strap for $65 in excellent shape...I just might have to buy them, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

?

They are nice. Case is best. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

You see the binoculars alot for sell but not so often the case ,nice find i think these are really under rated when to compare them to ww2 German Binocualrs and the prices they make