Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Field Grey tunic

Article about: Well I hope this one is better than the last one I posted. It is a 6 button, fold over collar with french cuffs, 2 lower pockets, crown buttons, 1 interior pocket and herringbone cotton line

?

Default Field Grey tunic

Well I hope this one is better than the last one I posted.
    It is a 6 button, fold over collar with french cuffs, 2 lower pockets, crown buttons, 1 interior pocket and herringbone cotton liner. It also has a stick grenade patch on the left sleeve.
    What do you think Steve?
    Thanks
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Grey tunic   Field Grey tunic  

Field Grey tunic   Field Grey tunic  

Field Grey tunic   Field Grey tunic  

Field Grey tunic  

Default Re: Field Grey tunic

If you hadn't mentioned that it's a stick grenade patch i would have thought that it's a fixing patch, lol
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Steve, what a collection of Imperial tunics ! fantastic ! this one is rare, a Model 1910 Vereinfachte (Simplified) tunic, as the war took its toll on the clothing industry, they "simplyfied" the model 1910 waffenrock, to reduce the amount of materials used, thus making a saving...the intricate cuff designs were dropped in favour of a barrel cuff design, the tunics are found with or without any combination of coloured piping around the collar, cuffs, front and rear skirt, short lived, began to appear in 1915, around the time the Model 1915 bluse began to appear. Yours appears to be sporting earlier Model 1907/10 shoulder straps (quite common) as the simplified straps omitted the coloured piping, but were the same size, the Bluse shoulder straps were narrower (and the coloured piping made a return !).It is fitted with "rimless" 1915 pattern buttons. The shoulder straps indicate Infantry Regiment 9 (J.R.9) "Colbergsches-Grenadier-Regt. Graf Gneisenau (2.Pommersches) Nr.9" garrisoned in Stargard i Pommerania, part of 2nd Army Corps. The cloth "Grenade" badge on upper left arm is unofficial and indicated member of an assault detachment (Sturm Battalion). Prost ! Steve.

Wow very nice Steve. Excellent info
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

ccj
    ?

Hello, can you show photos of the inside rear and collar area?

?

It is back in storage but I will dig it out in the near future and get the photos you want friend.