Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fighting Knife ?

Article about: Not sure if this is a fighting knife or a hunting knife there are no markings and the scabbard looks like a modern replacement. length 270mm blade 150mm Thanks for any info z4.

Default Fighting Knife ?

Not sure if this is a fighting knife or a hunting knife there are no markings and the scabbard looks like a modern replacement.

length 270mm

blade 150mm

Thanks for any info z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fighting Knife ?   Fighting Knife ?  

Fighting Knife ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fighting Knife ?
    P
    Many

Only a wild guess but the Germans in WW1 quite often used hunting daggers/knives for fighting knives, this looks like it may be one!...

With this guard shape and blade shape I would say it is a fighting knife, not a hunting knife. I agree, it is possible the scabbard is a newer replacement.
    Nice one and one I do not have yet. Well done if you have acquired this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the replies. The knife is mine and I am sure the scabbard is a replacement.

z4

Greetings Z4,

It’s a typical pre-war private purchase German or possibly Austrian made knife available through various outfitters. They offered hunting knives on the same page as fighting stilettos and daggers. Under the red arrow is a similar styled knife being offered for sale in a contemporary pre-WWI catalog.

Regards,

Lance

Fighting Knife ?

Thanks for the update Lance. I do have another similar knife it is shorter and a different guard I will post some pic's later.

z4

Actually, they still make very similar daggers even to this day.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

As others have touched upon.
    A traditional German 'Jagdnicker' for commercial use, as produced for centuries in Germany and to this day still used there to put an animal out of is misery.
    Germans are big on keeping time honoured hunting traditions alive. Quite a spectacle and nice to see deer/boars etc being treated with respect during and after hunting.
    Ive seen the 'Nicker' type knife being used on many hunts - not only in Germany, but that type of blades are also widely used elsewhere in Europe.
    Few things better to stop a warm blooded creature from breathing/suffering with a poke in the right spot.

This knife has some markings but they are very worn, one looks like a sunflower the other a shield which is barely visible and the pommel has been engraved

length 250mm
    blade 125mm.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fighting Knife ?   Fighting Knife ?  

Fighting Knife ?  

?

great knife

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast