Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Framed photo german soldat KIA

Article about: Hello guys , i would like to share my recent pic up , realy nice piece i think ,has had german newes paper glued on the back at some stage , i would be realy greatful if anyone out there cou

Default Framed photo german soldat KIA

Hello guys , i would like to share my recent pic up , realy nice piece i think ,has had german newes paper glued on the back at some stage , i would be realy greatful if anyone out there could translate the words for me , cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framed photo german soldat KIA   Framed photo german soldat KIA  

Framed photo german soldat KIA   Framed photo german soldat KIA  

Framed photo german soldat KIA  

Default Re: Framed photo german soldat KIA

Hello,
    Nice framed picture
    the text says : "KIA for the fatherland" and "In our heart, you still live strongly"
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Nice framed picture
    the text says : "KIA for the fatherland" and "In our heart, you still live strongly"
    Thanks
    Thanks mate i apprecate that ,i tried to find some information on the soldat from the person i purchased it from , but had no luck there , sad in that respect but it will be treasured with me , cheers Raymond

?

Nice piece Raymond , is there any date on the paper ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Very beautiful piece. I saw several examples of these types of memorials a few years ago at a German antique shop in Texas, there must have been at least 5 examples there- some simple, some very elaborate.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks guys , Yes Paul there is a date on the newes paper , on the last photo you can see a date 1928 in the coloum there ,but cant see one on the paper with the date it was printed , cheers Raymond