Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal ribbon question

Article about: Every Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Medal which I have seen (for both combatants and non- combatants) ribbon was the same. The ribbon arrear similar to be the WW1 Honour Cross for Combatants

?

Default Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal ribbon question

Every Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Medal which I have seen (for both combatants and non- combatants) ribbon was the same. The ribbon arrear similar to be the WW1 Honour Cross for Combatants.

Last night as I was talking to a friend, the Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Medal came up. He said that I was wrong, and that the Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Medal for non- combatants had a difference ribbon (similar to the WW1 Honor Cross for Next-of-Kin ribbon).

The ones (non- combatants) which I have seen may have re-placement ribbons( they were not on a bar),was he correct and am I wrong (again).
    Last edited by Georg; 09-04-2011 at 08:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal ribbon question
    P
    Many

Default Re: Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal ribbon question

Georg, I am afraid your friend is indeed correct ! the "1870-1871 Commemorative Medal combatents version" had its ribbon hi-jacked for the combatents version of the Hindenburg /Honour Cross, just as the Widows/Next of Kin Hindenburg/Honour Cross used the "non-combatents 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal" ribbon ! see photograph......most collectors and dealers usually put the combatents ribbon on both !
    Prost ! Steve.Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Commemorative Medal ribbon question

We very seldom see a non-com 1870 ribbon.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    We very seldom see a non-com 1870 ribbon.
    But plenty of non com 1870 medals !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thanks for the information. I called my friend telling him that he was right (I had to take a little ribbing-but not too bad). They are having a gun/military show this week-end and I may see if I can find one. What would be a fair price for just a non- combatants medal with ribbon (I know that any bar would be unk price-but a lot more than a single one). I check e-bay and the (asking) prices are anywhere from $9.99 to $80.00.

Georg...a single medal should be around $20-30.
    Prost ! Steve.

I agree with Steve.

There are still plenty of these 1870/71 medals to be had
    at a decent price of around $20 to $30.........!
    Regards,

Steve.