Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...

Article about: Greetings Friends, A New Arrival from Germany yesterday - Collar Insignia from the SSOS -Selbstschutz Oberschlesien (Self-Defense Upper Silesia)...Non-Magnetic, measuring 30mm by 22mm...Orig

Default Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...

Greetings Friends,
    A New Arrival from Germany yesterday - Collar Insignia from the SSOS -Selbstschutz Oberschlesien (Self-Defense Upper Silesia)...Non-Magnetic, measuring 30mm by 22mm...Original Finish with all Prongs present...Note also the subtle detail on the Snakes...
    I've rarely encountered the Collar Insignia, let alone a Matching Pair...The Larger Armshield seems to be more prevalent, and I'll be on the Lookout for one to compliment/complete the Grouping soon enough, lol...
    Hope you like them as well...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...   Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...  

Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...   Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...  

Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...   Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...  

These look nice, Glenn. Not something I`ve seen before, though.
    Stig

We salute your refined and subtle taste. May others emulate your example. A needed corrective to dorky "scull" threads.

The beginner can deepen himself in the history connected to these badges and emerge a better collector at the end of the day.

Very interesting Glen a nice design that I notice could of been an influence on the much later Bandenkampfabzeichen ! Regards,Paul

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    We salute your refined and subtle taste. May others emulate your example. A needed corrective to dorky "scull" threads.

The beginner can deepen himself in the history connected to these badges and emerge a better collector at the end of the day.
    Thank You all for your Input, Friends...FB, a Special Thank You for your efforts and kind, encouraging words...You have always been very supportive and indeed a Role Model to me throughout the years - My Respects & Perpetual Appreciation, Friend!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thank You all for your Input, Friends...FB, a Special Thank You for your efforts and kind, encouraging words...You have always been very supportive and indeed a Role Model to me throughout the years - My Respects & Perpetual Appreciation, Friend!
    cheers, Glenn
    Sir, the pleasure is entirely mine. When I read your threads, I am always gratified at the end. How seldom this happens here, because in most threads,
    I want to hit my head against the wall. So it bends my prongs, as it were. Or crimps them, I guess.

I salute you and really suggest that others can follow your stellar example in the great northern state of the USA.Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...Freikorps Collar-Insignia Set...

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    So it bends my prongs, as it were. Or crimps them, I guess.
    Now that did make me laugh!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Now that did make me laugh!
    Dear Friend, such is my most sublime goal. So much here is so deadly dull, so empty of any wit and humor.
    It is an affliction of this shrieking and fussy world in which we live. My best to you, across the continents, FB

I saw these on eBay. But, passed on them because I had concerns. The seller, Porre81 (also uses: wunderstar, adlernest01, vanderbilt4392, real name - Marc Poredda) is known for selling very high-quality fakes, especially of Freikorps badges. Sorry to cast doubt on these. I've been collecting Freikorps for over 40 years and write extensively about it on WAF and GMIC. The seller is known for selling fantasy badges that never existed and repros of real badges that are very convincing, but are ultimately fake. I've written warnings about him on the German forum Feldgrau, on WAF and GMIC.
    There's a slim chance they're ok. They're referred to in Haarcke's book, but not shown in a smaller size like this. But, given the source, I wouldn't have them in my collection.