Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal

Article about: Good Morning, Friends... I've come across this Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal...Somewhat on the "Salty Side" due to bad storage throughout the ages, it arrived from Germany a few

Default Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal

Good Morning, Friends...
    I've come across this Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal...Somewhat on the "Salty Side" - arriving from Germany a few days ago...
    I removed the surface-dirt with Rubbing-Alcohol and a Toothbrush...Now I need the Black Ribbon w/White Borders...
    I hope you like it...My Eiserne Division Grouping is coming along great, one piece at a time...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal   Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal  

Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal   Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal
    P
    Many

?

One word; 'Sexy'
    Nice catch, Glenn!

Regards,
    Bas

nice medal not often seen.

Nice find. I have always avoided these as fakes abound. I have never
    studied them enough to know a good one from a bad one.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

sorry fake. poor detail especially in the teeth. never had a ball suspender. Here is an original.Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal

?

Quote by bolewts58 View Post
    sorry fake. poor detail especially in the teeth. never had a ball suspender. Here is an original.Freikorps Eiserne Division Medal
    You're commenting on a lot of this Freikorps stuff. You only have a few comments on the forum, too.
    Care to share with us where your knowledge comes from?

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    You're commenting on a lot of this Freikorps stuff. You only have a few comments on the forum, too.
    Care to share with us where your knowledge comes from?
    Bolewts58 has only a few posts on this forum, but is active on the GMIC Forum and especially in the Freikorps section of the WAF, where he has posted many remarkable items from his extensive Freikorps collection. His comments should be taken seriously.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Bolewts58 has only a few posts on this forum, but is active on the GMIC Forum and especially in the Freikorps section of the WAF, where he has posted many remarkable items from his extensive Freikorps collection. His comments should be taken seriously.
    That is so true. He may not be very active here but he is very well respected on other forums.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

CBH
    ?

Well it's been a hard Saturday on Glenn, but we are all here to learn and share. The truth is often painful, but it is still the truth.

I look forward to seeing some of Bolewts58 collection and welcome him to the forum.

Thanks for the helpful input, it's appreciated and I don't mind being corrected ... Problem is that in several cases mentioned by our friend, practically all of the online sources, sellers, and several books list contrary -or out of date- information...That leaves us with not much to go on in this area of collecting...I'm just glad I didn't pay much for any of them...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast