Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine? Curraiser on ebay

Article about: There is a what purports to be a genuine curriaser helmet on ebay.It looks good ,and has a lovely age patina.It will be interesting to know how much it goes for?Gut feeling its a genuine one

Default Genuine? Curraiser on ebay

There is a what purports to be a genuine curriaser helmet on ebay.It looks good ,and has a lovely age patina.It will be interesting to know how much it goes for?Gut feeling its a genuine one ,but as usual depending on how much it goes for it would need careful study.The last 0ne i seen offered for sale was sitting at 2,200 euros.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine? Curraiser on ebay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine? Curraiser on ebay

I see the money is creeping up on the helmet.one point is the red cocade is too clean and shiny,which would tend to suggest a repro one.The shell is very well used. I cant see the other cocade to make a comment.Thats the problem with picklehaubes in general .The body may be genuine but some of the fittings are replaced with repro items. chinstraps ,cocades ,and sometimes the eagles!

It has been confirrmed to me by the seller thAt the cocades are indeed repro.TO DATE THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THIS IN THE EBAY ADD!

See the helmet has minutes to go,and its sitting at 455£.i found out from the seller that the cocades are repro days ago ,but he didnt amend his add to cover this.surely unfair on buyer.also if he wants to hide this fact are there other things about the helmet which arent right.the buyer will know soon.guys typing with one hand as i broke my rist.