Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german fliegerpfeile from ww1

Article about: hi guys , i want you to show my latest fliegerfpeile from ww1 . the mint one is stamped with "fabrication allemand" and "invention francaise" https://en.wikipedia.org/wik

Default german fliegerpfeile from ww1

hi guys ,

i want you to show my latest fliegerfpeile from ww1 . the mint one is stamped with "fabrication allemand" and "invention francaise"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flechette

feel free for comment or pls post some of yours , if u have any flechettes.

cheers t.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german fliegerpfeile from ww1   german fliegerpfeile from ww1  

german fliegerpfeile from ww1   german fliegerpfeile from ww1  

very nice Flechettes.. rather primitive weapon but still terrible, as i dont even want to imagine one dropping on somebodys head after a large free fall.. any idea from what average hight those were dropped?
    Thanx for sharing..

hi,
    these flechettes are innovated in a time of the beginning of aviation. the first bombs were dropped by hand , the fyler they fought against eachother with pistols ...
    the military effect was low rated , but the psychological effect was very high. i read , that the whistling noise of the flechettes were feared. i think they dropped them from every height , if they wanted to .

cheers t.

Quote by danhashman View Post
    very nice Flechettes.. rather primitive weapon but still terrible, as i dont even want to imagine one dropping on somebodys head after a large free fall.. any idea from what average hight those were dropped?
    Thanx for sharing..
    If allowed to free fall for long enough, a falling object will reach a speed where the force of the drag will become equal the force of gravity, and the two will cancel each other out, causing the object to fall at that same speed until it hits the ground. This is called terminal velocity. So after that point is reached whether it be 100, a 1000 or 10,000ft it makes no difference to the effect of the dart other than of course the spread of the amount of flechettes dropped at the time.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    This is called terminal velocity.
    I thought that had to do with the effect if you got hit by one of those.

These are also found marked with DRGM...
    cheers, Glenn

where can i get a flechette? Any tips?
    After studying those flechettes (thanks to "powtrencart" for the inspiration) - i decided that i need one in my collection. As i am Swiss, a swiss one would do well.
    And if a Bad Hombre enters my Hauptquartier, i could throw it at him and attempt "terminal velocity..

there is one at ebay germany, mounted on a plate, but there must be more around..