Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German folding knife and "Iron" Cross

Article about: Picked these up today, a German Folding Knife and an "Iron Cross", not great but good for display. Dean O Canada

?

Default German folding knife and "Iron" Cross

Picked these up today, a German Folding Knife and an "Iron Cross", not great but good for display.

Dean O
    Canada

German folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" Cross

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German folding knife and "Iron" Cross
    P
    Many

Is the cross a period 'tourist' piece Dean????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Dean,

Looks like a Mercator K55K knife. Still made today. Should have a cat and K55 engraved on the handle. Blade looks a little different than mine.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice I have a fetish for those knives every time I see one I try and buy it, they last forever best knife ever made imo there is a blog on the net somewhere telling all about them,, beware of cheap rip off junk.

German folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" Cross

Eric

?

Thanks Guys, I have seen several different types of "iron Cross's" over the Years, don't really know what they were for or who made most of them...just a neat piece I think

Dean O

MAP
    ?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Nice I have a fetish for those knives every time I see one I try and buy it, they last forever best knife ever made imo there is a blog on the net somewhere telling all about them,, beware of cheap rip off junk.

German folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" Cross

Eric
    Agree. Lots of fakes out there and that these are fantastic no-nonsense knives (thus why they are still made basically unchanged for the last 80+ years!)

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, Dean !

Your knife shows the DRGM mark, (Deutsches Reichs Gebrauchs-Muster), and, it looks period to me !

Nice knife, Bud !

Cheers,
    R.

Quote by MAP View Post

Looks like a Mercator K55K knife. Still made today. Should have a cat and K55 engraved on the handle. Blade looks a little different than mine.

Michael
    Michael, would you show us your knife, please ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Michael, would you show us your knife, please ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    Will do as soon as I can take a picture. Found it in my Dads draw after he passed. Not sure if it is wwii or post war but I like it anyway because it was his. I've no history on it.

Michael

MAP
    ?

Here is mine..... I think post war. Latest is 50's or 60's in my opinion based on the fact that I'm sure my Dad didn't get it in the 70's as I would have known and played with it

German folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" CrossGerman folding knife and "Iron" Cross

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast