Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Helmet.....HELP!

Article about: Hello All, Can some one help me with a general value for a M-18 German Helmet? I will try and put up some pics, but am really only looking for a genereal, currect, value. Description: M-18 s

Default German Helmet.....HELP!

Hello All, Can some one help me with a general value for a M-18 German Helmet? I will try and put up some pics, but am really only looking for a genereal, currect, value.
    Description: M-18 stamped w/a "(Bell)L-64", No damage to shell, still has most of the original green paint, does have an area of surface rust on the front (forehead), about the size of a baseball, otherwise smooth all over. Does have code stamped inside/top "7548", rubber stamped in black ink on inside/back neck shield "64", rubber stamp on metal liner band "64", "FCB" over "18", "AKF", (maybe the last letter is a "P"?). Chin straps are gone but a small piece of leather is on the left chin strap loop and stitched. Three liner head pads in very good cont. (Grey color with some sweat stains), but the adjustment string has been pulled thru the holes and is missing. Each pad is rubber stamped in purple ink, "I,. Bing Munchen" and "1917".
    What do you think?
    Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Helmet.....HELP!   German Helmet.....HELP!  

German Helmet.....HELP!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Helmet.....HELP!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Helmet.....HELP!

Thank you for the Help Friend! Now can anyone tell me how "60 Quid" exchanges to the US Dollar or a British Pound? I can not find an exchance web-site for "Quid"!

?

he means £60 its just how us british say pound lol

OH! Thanks Nick, nothing compairs to looking like a fool on your First Post! Regards, Paul.

?

no probs mate some of us mentioning no names need to realize we have people on here that dont & wont know these sayings

by the way these can go for more then £60 as yours is still in good condition & has partial liner still intact so it could go to £100 possibly more ya never know

?

well thats relics they're not worth as much ive seen ones without liners of any sort & in poor condition compared to this go for more then £60 but if you had one that was in its original camo paint with liner & chin strap then they will fetch allot of mula

i will come round & slap you one in a minute

Thanks Nick! Always good to talk to people around the World! The "Quid" thing is good to know.... for future use!
    I have gotten an offer on this Helmet (here in the US) for $300 US, thats just over 200 British Pounds (If I read my exchange converter correctly?). I am told that the extra value is that this is a M-18 and more rare. I don't collect WW1 helmets but have kept this one as many of these were used early in WW2. I want to help out a fellow collector, but not sure I want to sell a helmet I may never be able to find again!
    Thanks again to all for the help! Paul.

?

Quote by odentheviking View Post
    Thanks Nick! Always good to talk to people around the World! The "Quid" thing is good to know.... for future use!
    I have gotten an offer on this Helmet (here in the US) for $300 US, thats just over 200 British Pounds (If I read my exchange converter correctly?). I am told that the extra value is that this is a M-18 and more rare. I don't collect WW1 helmets but have kept this one as many of these were used early in WW2. I want to help out a fellow collector, but not sure I want to sell a helmet I may never be able to find again!
    Thanks again to all for the help! Paul.
    ya welcome mate

& Phil you'll have to see me coming first before you can start running

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum!

It is a very nice helmet and worth at least $300. In fact, I would rate it a bit higher than that. It looks a nice honest example and I certainly would not part with it if I were you.

Cheers, Ade.

£60 quid for a M18 !..about 10 yrs or so ago perhaps, today they command prices of £400 and up (the price of geniuine M16/17/18 seem to rise daily !) , at prominent dealers even more !, they are rarer than either M16/17's, especially in original configuration, as most ended up continuing in service and eventually ending up as the so called 'transitionals' with M31 type liners, giving sterling service with the German army thro to '45.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast