Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Hungarian medal

Article about: Hello Gents just a quick question I have found this rather cheap medal on Fleabay & thought it would look good on my WW1 shelf. Now could anybody tell anything about this medal??...Price

?

Default German Hungarian medal

Hello Gents just a quick question I have found this rather cheap medal on Fleabay & thought it would look good on my WW1 shelf. Now could anybody tell anything about this medal??...Price,real deal, & who why & when??.. Thank you ever so much for your time . Cheers Terry. German Hungarian medalGerman Hungarian medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Hungarian medal
    P
    Many

This one is pretty self-explanatory! A commemorative medal of an Austro-Hungarian veteran of WWI. "Pro Deo Et Patria" basically means "For God and the Fatherland". The triangular ribbon folding is usually recognized as Austrian, but not always, of course. You see these fairly often, so the values are generally not too high. Anywhere from $35-70 bucks or so-depending on condition. Still a nice medal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William types faster than I do.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Thanks guys fro the info.. Most helpful as always...Greg need to speed up on the typing side of things!! lol.. Thanks again Terry.

For a little more data on this medal and some of its equivalents, have a look here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...13/#post963618

...and the following page.

?

Thanks HPL that is very interesting I have my eye on the medal so I might just put a bid in for.. Right I will go back to reading the rest of that thread.. Thanks again.... Cheers Terry.

?

I have the exact same one. I find it a very solid good quality and good looking medal. Congrats.