Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German medal?

Article about: Hey all! My friend asked what this medal was and i have no clue at all. I have never even seen one like this. I thought you guys would know, ofc . Apparently it's German. Here's the pic.

Default German medal?

Hey all!

My friend asked what this medal was and i have no clue at all. I have never even seen one like this. I thought you guys would know, ofc . Apparently it's German.

Here's the pic.

German medal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German medal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German medal?

Woops. I accidentally put this to wrong section. Sorry.

I have moved it here.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oh ok. You have a clue Ade?

Austro Hungarian 12 year long service cross I think? Not sure if the ribbon is correct for it?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

http://www.jkmilitaria.com/Austria/Aus-64.JPG

This is really outside my area of interest and experience.

Ok. Thanks !

Same for me to.

Ade is correct, it is a Austro-Hungarian medal......Military Long Service Cross for non-commissioned officers and other ranks, II class for 12 years’ service (Militärdienstzeichen für Unteroffiziere und Mannschaften, 2. Klasse für 12 Jahre), 1890-1913 issue, bronze Leopold cross with laterally-pierced loop for ribbon suspension; the face with a circular central medallion bearing the letters XII ( 12) within a laurel wreath border, the arms of the cross with stippled panels within beaded borders. The Decoration was instituted on 12 March 1890 to reward long and faithful service in the Austro-Hungarian armed forces and was issued in different versions for officers, for non-commissioned officers and for other ranks and for completion of various periods of service. This example is of the third version for other ranks on completion of 12 year’s loyal service, awarded from 1893 until 1913. It is on the wrong ribbon, see here.....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images German medal? 

Thank you !