Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German photo postcards

Article about: My most recent pick up. If anyone can read the back I'd be grateful! I believe the first one on the left is French instead of German.

Default German photo postcards

My most recent pick up. If anyone can read the back I'd be grateful!

I believe the first one on the left is French instead of German.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German photo postcards   German photo postcards  

German photo postcards  

?

Default Re: German photo postcards

hi, nice pics. cant help re translation , but top left pic may be ww1 Austria troops rather than french , close up of caps could resolve that . cheers paul

RedArmyCollector....ppsh 33 looks to be correct, I too would say KuK troops in first photo, the kepi's look to be to tall for french and the greatcoats are of an Austro-Hungarian cut, I would say that there are also KuK troops (classic KuK tunic on soldat on the left) together with German troops in photo 4. A nice collection of photographs, as for translation, they look to be written in old German (sutterlin script) a bugger to translate, see if any of our German members can help there ! Although, the first postcard rear shown, has the fieldpost mark of the 6th Bavarian Division, so probably the troops shown on the front are from a Bavarian Regiment.

Thanks for the responses Paul and oradour!

On the top of the 6th Bavarian Division back I believe it is one of their names and unit. Hopefully someone here will attempt to translate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German photo postcards