Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Pickelhaube Inquiry

Article about: Hello all, Came across this today. Does it seem authentic? Many thanks and warm wishes.

Default German Pickelhaube Inquiry

Hello all,

Came across this today. Does it seem authentic? Many thanks and warm wishes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Pickelhaube Inquiry
    P
    Many

I'm no expert but It does look authentic. But it needs a lot of work.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Chinstrap is $200 . Missing some trim doesnt seem to have the rear vent trim? bit of a head scratrcher. Rob

Looks good to me. It does need some "parts".
    Would make a good project. ( It appears to have good bones). As they say...
    Just my opinion...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Not worth much to a serious collector, it's in sorry condition.

Only 7-things good on it for metal fittings are the spike and the 4-split brads that hold the spike on to the top of the helmet, And also the 2-M95 side posts for the chinstrap.

Your front visor metal edge trim is missing. Ouch, that hurts it!

The Eagle front plate is missing both the feet, and the sceptor is broken off and missing on the viewer's left side of the eagle. Double ouch. That eagle is worth $5 to $10 to a non serious collector.

The visors have been shortened, especially the back visor has been shortened about 2" or more. The seller's description where you saw this pointed that out.

The liner as you know is missing, which massively hurts the value.

The chinstrap if it is an original WW1 chinstrap is the only thing that honestly makes this helmet worth buying. If the chinstrap is good, buy it, and part out the rest of the helmet I would say from my experience. You'll get $60-$70 for the spike, and about $30 for the 4-brass split brads that hold the spike base onto the top of the helmet.

The chinstrap, IF it is Original and not a copy, is worth $200 to $250.

The helmet shell in this relic condition is worth maybe $30 to $40 to someone. Maybe...

The 2-brass M95 side post mounts are worth maybe $30-$35 to someone who needs one or both.

Sorry, I don't meant to come across as harsh to you. I'm only hard on the helmet. If I recall, the seller who has/had this advertised was asking way more for it than what the sum of the parts are worth. Correct me if I'm wrong. Another unrealistic eBay dreamer.

Best Wishes,

Alan

Here's photos of what a nice example is supposed to look like, compared to the sad, relic condition of the one you posted.

Best Regards,

Alan

German Pickelhaube InquiryGerman Pickelhaube InquiryGerman Pickelhaube InquiryGerman Pickelhaube InquiryGerman Pickelhaube Inquiry