Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German trench knife in bad condition ...

Article about: When these trench knives were issued, they should have at least an acceptance stamp. If not, it's most likely a commercial type... Adler

Default German trench knife in bad condition ...

German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...

Hi, mates !

Wanna show you this German trench knife, sadly, obviously, it´s in a very bad shape.

Guess, this is a Demag.

Anyway, an quite collectible item !

Rgds.,

R.

P.S.:
    Note the acceptance mark also, this knife is personalized !

P.P.S.:
    Sorry, for the bad images ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German trench knife in bad condition ...
    P
    Many

Default Re: German trench knife in bad condition ...

I could happily live with it.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I am with Ade I also could happily live with it

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Me too. Very nice trench knife and good pics too!
    Thanks for showing.

Regards

I too would be ok with this one. A bit rusty, but still nice.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I too would be ok with this one. A bit rusty, but still nice.........!
    Steve, I decided to keep the knife in this condition.

I like the knife at it is, and, (IMO), it looks pretty good !

?

Hi Reibert,

It certainly is a collectible trench knife, but I would clean it a little bit. This doesn't mean to polish heavily or so, just cleaning and removing the rust that's building up. You can also treat the wood, just a little bit to let it look alive again... I just say this because imo when you leave it as it is, the rust will go further and the condition will get worse. Preservation is the right thing to do I think...
    That's only my opinion of course...
    Another thing is that this trench knife isn't a Demag at all. The demag trench knives have another crossguard (see pic 1) than yours, the same as you can see on the all metal Demag "kranckhandle" types (see pic 2). The Demag trench knives always have the Demag makers mark on the blade (see pic 3)...

Adler

German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...German trench knife in bad condition ...
    Quote by Adler View Post
    Another thing is that this trench knife isn't a Demag at all. The demag trench knives have another crossguard (see pic 1) than yours, the same as you can see on the all metal Demag "kranckhandle" types (see pic 2). The Demag trench knives always have the Demag makers mark on the blade (see pic 3)...
    Hi, that´s not correct at all !

Demag manufactured trench knives in various designs, (different crossguards, hilts,...), and not all of them were maker marked !

For example two Demag´s, showing different crossguards as your´s.

BTW, characteristic for unmarked Demag´s, (f.e,. the one, I showed here in this thread), is, (as I´ve been told), that the blade is a little bit "angled" to the tang.

Best rgds.,

R.

?

Do'h! I was to hasty with my reply... Of course Demag made all those other models... But nevertheless they should all have that makers mark according to my reference books...
    Anyway, for me it doesn't matter, the most important thing is that you have a nice original trench knife.

Adler

Adler, I even saw "crank- handles" without any maker marks, also, some of this weapons without acceptance mark !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast