Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

german ww1 helmet ??

Article about: I think the liner and chinstrap are original. I've been doing a little research and found a few examples of original leather liners with attached chinstrap bales. I think it is a transitiona

Default Re: german ww1 helmet ??

I think the liner and chinstrap are original. I've been doing a little research and found a few examples of original leather liners with attached chinstrap bales. I think it is a transitional, or possible prototype, liner between the m17 and m18. It could also be an interwar transitional liner (many variations exist), which would be more likely. And another possibility, it could be foreign made.

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german ww1 helmet ??
    P
    Many

Thank you for helping out with this. I figured it was ww1 type. Iv seen a few other pictures and I have found other liners like this. It's just so used condition and it has seen some kind of field use as you can tell in the photos. Is 150 too much for htis set up? Thanks again for helping me solve this

$150 is a good deal if it is original. I would wait for more opinions

i wish i put better pictures up and i got my stalingrad helmet posting in it but yes i agree have to wait for more thoughts

?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    i have looked everywhere on the interet and cant find anything. what is a b l shell? whatever the liner is its bin like that for a very long time.. is it a m18 style set up ?
    The bell L stamp is for the maker instant recognisable because of the rounded vent lugs Richard Lindenberg A.G., Remscheid-Hasten as far as known they only made size 64 shells. The old liner who knows looks like something ersatz postwar made during European 20's 30's conflicts or whenever. $150 is not unreasonable imo for the shell alone.

Eric

?

Agree, the shell alone is well worth $150 easily.
    Regards,
    John

thank you for the information on the shell's maker. It is a interesting liner. I have another helmet i found that looks very different, the liner system
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german ww1 helmet ??   german ww1 helmet ??  

german ww1 helmet ??  

?

The darker helmet on the right in your picture has the 1916 type leather liner band.
    It's hard to tell from the pic's, but does the helmet on the left have a metal or leather liner band????
    Semper Fi
    Phil

yes it does ill post a picture can you see it behind the leather liner?

german ww1 helmet ??german ww1 helmet ??

the liner and chinstrap on your Bell L 64 is Spanish. nice shell though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2